About Us


Benithem® is a global brand due to its dedication in incorporating quality hand-craftsmanship paired with modern technology and creating contemporary seating solutions for corporate offices or even home offices through our internationally certified products.

Established since 1999, Benithem® Sdn Bhd’s team of designers, technicians and customer service personnel are committed to creating high quality, state-of-the-art designs that employ scientifically ergonomic principles in our conference, executives, managerial and task seating products. Creating QUALITY seating solutions is our focus, with an emphasis on mid to high-end project/contract office seating. Benithem® has expanded operations to its 120,000 square feet facility in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, and is well connected to major ports and airports of the region. Our experienced operations team manages an extensive sales distribution network in Malaysia, South East Asia and the Middle East, with future expansion plans.

We pride ourselves as an avant-garde design solutions company with a focus on office seating solutions with our very own manufacturing facility that produce designer chairs, executive office chairs, corporate lounges and other office furniture.

Our commitment is in finding the best fit between user, equipment and their environment by designing and producing ergonomic products that increase comfort and productivity of people across the world.

We are proud to be one of the pioneers in the Malaysian office furniture industry and have grown the company with a global outlook. Benithem® office chairs are certified by BIFMA Standard through established 3rd party certified bodies, e.g. TUV/ PSB and FIRA.

In addition, Benithem® has achieved certification for ISO 9001:2015 and the prestigious ISO 14001:2015. This means our entire operation and documentation follows international quality control standard for efficient control and records.


Company Environmental & Quality Policy

Benithem Sdn Bhd recognises that Quality & Environmental Management System is essential for a better living and business environment as well as a central requirement for today’s competitive global marketplace. Benithem is also committed to continually improving our products, services, quality and environmental performance to meet or even exceed our customer’s requirements and any legal requirements. To uphold our commitment we shall:




Vision

Globally Recognised Brand

For Benithem to be globally recognised as the best office chair brand in terms of Design & Ergonomics for both corporate and home office


Mission

To develop products with International standards

Our mission is to design and manufacture office seating that not only meets international standards and admired globally for its aesthetic value but is also able to offer comfort and improve productivity


History of Benithem


  • 1985

    At the age of 17, Mr Ben Teo began his apprenticeship as a chairmaker in Singapore for 2 years where he picked up his craft and knowledge of producing chairs and furniture. The company supplied mainly on projects to the Government.

  • 1988

    He returned to Malaysia and started a “Char Kuey Tiau” business and he subsequently settled down with his wife and they managed to make their hawker business a very successful one. With his growing family, Mr Ben saw the need to diversify his business and he subsequently ventured to his next business.

  • 1993

    He set up “I Office” with a partner and set about to make changes to the office furniture market. In the early days, the company only had a staff strength of 6 and the hours were long as they rushed to fulfil their orders from Government projects.

  • 1999

    In 1999, Benithem® Sdn Bhd was officially established and the staff grew from the initial 6 to 125 people today. The focus of the company was always in the global export market, hence 88% of all produced chairs are sent overseas with the remainder 12% allocated for the Malaysian and Singapore market. Benithem® Sdn Bhd has also successfully obtained the prestigious ISO 14001:2004 reinforcing our pledge to preserving the environment .

  • 2006

    Benithem® participated in their first furniture fair in Germany (Orgatec) and have been a regular exhibitor for the biennial event.

  • 2012

    Our first branch is opened in Singapore that incorporates a showroom. This outlet serves as a showcase for designers and architects to view the potential of incorporating Benithem® products in their creations.

  • 2015

    Our lounge seating “MODE” won the presitigious Good Design Awards 2015 in Chicago, USA. Each year, The Chicago Athenaeum presents the GOOD DESIGN Awards Program for the most innovative and cutting-edge industrial, product, and graphic designs produced around the world and it was indeed a proud moment for a Malaysian company to win this honour.